President Trump and his Post Master General, Louis DeJoy – a Republican mega-donor and ally of the President – are trying to suppress and/or void mail-in votes by defunding the postal service and changing the post office rules. Mr. DeJoy has instructed the post office to deactivate high-speed sorting machines and cut overtime. It should be noted, for years overtime is/was a major way for mail to get delivered in a timely manner. Since we are in this Covid pandemic and so close to a major election, more overtime would be needed – not less.
Recently and mysteriously, the blue mailboxes have been removed from some neighborhoods even though we are less than 90 days away from a presidential election. Who would’ve given such an order? Who would like to have mailboxes removed now as plenty of people would prefer to vote via mail-in ballot given this pandemic. The removal of mailboxes comes after the US Postal Service (USPS) warned that millions of mail-in votes may not arrive in time to be counted in November’s election.
Understandably so, some people don’t want to stand in long lines or be inside their polling place where social distancing maybe hard. As a result, millions of people have asked for mail-in ballots. But some of our politicians are trying to hinder our ability to vote via mail-in.
- This is America; and voting is sacred whether some exercise it or not.
- Mailboxes are removed from time to time but why remove the mailboxes this close to a presidential election?
- Who benefits from mail being slowed down or never received/delivered?
This political thuggery is not even being hidden. This is what President Trump recently said.
- “MAIL-IN BALLOTS, 2020 will be the most RIGGED Election in our nations history – unless this stupidity is ended. Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”
- In an interview on Fox Business Network, Trump explicitly noted two funding provisions that Democrats are seeking in a relief package that has stalled on Capitol Hill. Without the additional money, he said, the Postal Service won’t have the resources to handle a flood of ballots from voters who are seeking to avoid polling places during the coronavirus pandemic. “If we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money,” Trump told host Maria Bartiromo. “That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting; they just can’t have it.”
President Trump has said countless times that mail-in ballots will be “catastrophic” without showing evidence of how. However, he and his wife recently requested main-in ballots in Florida. So, the President and his wife can vote via mail-in ballots but the rest of us cannot.
- This is an obvious attempt to have the presidential election either delayed or rendered invalid if Trump looses.
- Ask yourself this question, why does Trump have a problem with mail-in voting but he requested a mail-in ballot to vote?
- No matter what the circumstances are, everyone needs to exercise their rights to vote.
- None of the major republicans said a word. As a result, let them know how you feel with your vote.
- If you need to stand in long line to exercise your voting rights, do so. Just make sure you bring your mask and social distance.
- Vote; please vote.